5 Tips for Embracing Rain on Your Wedding Day
They say that April showers bring May flowers, but rain can definitely pop up anytime during wedding season. One of the questions I hear most during the planning phase is “What will we do for photos if it rains?” There’s no need to worry! There are lots of options and you will still have beautiful photos. I know that rain isn’t ideal, and no one wishes for it on their big day, but if it happens we’ll make the best of it! Rain can be very romantic and beautiful. Some of my all time favorite wedding moments have actually been on rainy days!
If rain is lurking in the forecast for your wedding day, try not to let it dampen your joy. Read on for 5 Tips for Embracing Rain on Your Wedding Day:
- Have fun with it! Even if it means getting just a little bit wet! It’s not too often that it downpours all day long. If there is light rain or a drizzle, we’ll still go outside for some photos. I always have white and black umbrellas, along with a couple of clear bubble umbrellas just in case the weather decides not to cooperate. Or, if it looks like rain is definitely in the forecast, feel free to bring your own umbrellas in a fun color or with a bold pattern!
- Get creative with covered locations. If there is a chance of rain in the forecast for your wedding day, I’ll be sure to do some extra scouting to find a covered location to use for portraits. Overhangs, awnings, tents and covered porches all allow for natural light without having to actually be in the rain.
3. Wear cute rain boots. When it rains, the ground can get soggy and maybe even muddy. Consider bringing along a cute pair of rain boots or flats for your outdoor portraits!
- Bustle your dress. If you have a dress with a long train and don’t want it to get wet or dirty, have your bridesmaids bustle it for you before you head outside for portraits. Otherwise, your groom will probably be more than willing to carry the train!
- Just go with it. If rain is a part of your wedding day story, just go with it and remember you are along for the ride! You can’t control it, so might as well embrace it, right?
There you have it! 5 tips for embracing rain on your wedding day! I hope this blog post helped ease any fears you may have about rain on your wedding day!